Course and Curriculum
How much does tuition cost?
- Shiva Tattva Yoga commits to respects the right to privacy of personal information of each and every participant who has enrolled with us. We commit to use the personal information acquired on our marketing website as disclosed and stated in this document. The document is applicable solely to www.shivatattvayoga.com and its all sister site and the information shall in no way be used to hamper personal life of any individual.
- 4 Days Yoga & Meditation Retreat: $300 USD
- 10 Days Yoga & Meditation Retreat: $650 USD
- 15 Days Yoga & Meditation Retreat: $850 USD
- Scholorship Offer
- 200 Hr Yoga Teacher Training Scholarships: $1000 USD
We have very limited seats and our groups are smaller hence we select only genuine seeker who has background of yoga and who would pledge to teach according to what he has been given including his /her personal experiences.
- Additionally we give preference to those applicant who meets the below criteria
- Have been practicing yoga for a minimum of one years
- Commit to 90% attendance
- Are able to involve in karma yoga (Selfless service) and various school activity voluntarily
- Send us an application at email@example.com stating the genuine reason for the eligibility which should showcase in their application (we request you to genuine and honest when writing about this) and explanation to strongly consider yourself suitable for a scholarship .
- What are the inclusions of Tuition fee?
- Accommodation with attached bath
- 3 vegetarian meals a day, 2 time tea
- 2 Ayurvedic massage, Shatkarma Kit (Cleansing techniques)
- Yoga course material, Two yoga books, One note book
- Two outdoor tour on weekend *
- free wi-fi facility
- * condition apply depends on course schedule and structure.
- How Do I reserve my Spot ?
- You can apply through online and registered yourself by filling the registration .Once we receive the registration and on availability we sent you confirmation email and you can secure your space we require a non-refundable deposit of 20 percent of total fee through online payment via credit card /PayPal that is used to reserve your spot, balance you can pay on arrival and before start of course/retreat. If you are using paypal you can also pay at https://www.paypal.me/rishikeshyoga
- What subjects are covered in the curriculum?
- Our Curriculum is set on the international Yoga TTC Guideline conducted by Yoga Alliance and you can request for the course syllabus and email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- What should be the minimum age to apply for Teacher training Course ?
- Yoga doesn’t have an age barrier and we have seen people at the age of 50+ also has learnt the Yoga and made a success full yogic life. Actually the Myth is yoga is taken more as physical exercise and activity where as the fact is that Yoga is about spiritual elevation of someone who practices this holistic science for the self realization.
- What should some one study before joining the course?
- Although it depends on individual and it’s a completely a personal choice however, if someone likes to learn in advance to our course, you can read up on these books:
Asana –Pranayama- Mudra- Bandha published by Bihar school Of Yoga
Yog Sutra by Patanjali
Our curriculum will have will consist of most important sections of Asana Pranayama Mudra Bandha and Anatomy/Alignment,Kriya,Meditation and multi style of yoga asana
- What we do on free day /Sunday ?
- Our Training is hectic six days a week with Sunday as free day and we understand that participants needs a break from regular class both physically and mentally, hence we take our participants along with our team on a day trip at nearby scenic beauty. As we are located at the foothills of Himalaya acknowledging with River Ganges and Rishikesh which is also known as world capital of yoga and is full of scenic beauty and landscape hence we take our groups to these place acknowledging with light outdoor yoga session which is mixed with exploring the place, fun and photography
Note : Cost of these excursions are included in the tuition and comes as an additional bonus for attending our school however someone feels like relaxing and doing their own thing, then they are free for the day. Some time we may have extra assignment and home work in that way some time we postpone or reduce our two free days in to one
- What exams do I need to pass in order to complete Teacher training course 200 ,300 and 500 hour ?
- Our regular Teacher training course of 200 ,300 and 500 hour have the curriculum of teaching methodology which will skill a trainee to conduct a class and at the end of each course. All our students have to clear each subject taught during tenure followed with either a written or oral examination.
Health & Safety
- Is our Location / Locality is safe ?
- Our School is located in the Indian state Uttrakahand at Rishikesh which is also called World capital of Yoga and this place has a spiritual connection as per Hindu mythology as every year millions of pilgrim visit this land for various holy rituals across the globe. One of the greatest reasons is the Holy river Great Ganges flow through this state and among pilgrim the significance of this river is highest and also worshipped as Mother Ganges. Every year many yoga and spiritual enthusiast visit this city across the world and is considerably safest place if you are lone traveler or even a solo female traveler .
Our Indian culture is based on the rule of ATITHI DEVO BHAW which means Guest are the form of GOD. The local people here are very welcoming and friendly and used to of multi cultural people , and full of innocence as compare to Indian metro city crowd. This mystic land is a surely nice and safe place for everyone and we look for the unforgettable moment for those enthusiast who come looks India as a land of mythology, spirituality and human relation and cultural value
- How safe is water to drink in India?
- We recommend not to drink water that comes straight out of a faucet. Showering is fine (as long as you don’t gulp mouthfuls of the water). You should check if local restaurants/cafes use filtered water for their ice and drinks if you are eating or drinking outside from our school.
We prepare our meals in filtered and purified water and we provide filtered water bottle.
- Do I need to have any vaccines before I plan for course ?
- We are not officially medical professionals (in the western sense of the word ), so you should exercise your own judgment and research as well before deciding whether or not to get vaccines.
- Please also read article for vaccine and useful tips before coming to us a
- We also recommend to check with your doctor as well if you are specifically allergic to anything.
- Should I get malaria medicine ?
- You shouldn’t have to worry about malaria in rishikesh, and/or taking any sort of anti-malaria medicine, as rishikesh isn’t in a high-risk zone for malaria. Click to see a map of malaria rates across India
- Malaria medicine can sometimes be the source of vivid nightmares, and taking it for an extended period of time (i.e. 30 days) is generally not recommended. Some travelers have the medicine on hand, just in case, but you likely won’t need to take it in Rishikesh. However, take our advice with a grain of salt, as we are not medical professionals, in the western sense of the word.
- Should I have vaccine for Typhoid ?
- Yes we recommend you to get vaccinated for Typhoid as India in general has a higher risk for Typhoid, so you should consider it. Please do your own research on article and discussion on getting Typhoid vaccines for India.
- What kind of visa is required for yoga training?
- You can also apply for e-visa which is valid for two months at https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/evisa/tvoa.html
If your stay is more longer than most common visa is a tourist Visa (lasts 6 months). The former rule that a period of 2 months must elapse after leaving India and before re-entering has been removed since November 2012.
- Important To Know Before You Apply For Visa
- Non-refundable tickets or reservations should not be purchased until all visas and passports are secured and in your possession. Although it has gotten better, the visa application process is notorious for not being on time.
- When should I book my arrival flight ticket?
- If our course is the first activity that you are doing in India, you advise you to book your flights so that you arrive one or two days before the scheduled start date of the course, it will also give you some flexibility in travel time to arrive here. We have a short orientation session on day first before the course begins, and classes begin on the morning of the scheduled start date
- When should I book my departure flight?
- Depends If you aren’t planning on exploring more of India, you should book your flight so that you leave one or two day after the scheduled end date of the course. Distance of our school from few famous nearby city
• New Delhi, 234 kms
• Dehra Dun, 45 kms
• Haridwar, 20 kms
- Which airport should I fly to ?
- New Delhi Indira Gandhi International Airport (DEL), is the nearest international Airport and then you can also fly into Dehradun airport (DED), It’s worth checking the price to see if it would be cheaper than flying from New Delhi to Dehradun or by train from New Delhi to Haridwar.
- Which flight I should take from New Delhi to Dehardun ?
- You should ideally take morning flight from New Delhi (DED) to Dehradun(DED) so that you can reach maximum by afternoon to Dehradun to enough time in hand, although it depends on your international flight and its connecting time and you can plan accordingly
- How much time it takes to reach Dehradun from New Delhi by airplane?
- In general from New Delhi to Dehradun is only 45 to 60 minute fly but again it depends from flight to flight.
- Does our school provide transportation to/from the New Delhi airport, and what is cost?
- We have tie up with local transporter and a private taxi for airport transfer from New Delhi airport to our School will roughly cost US$ 70. There’s a maximum of two students that can share a taxi, and you would split the total cost with the other student. Please inform with your flight airline number, arrival time to avail this paid facility. The drivers’ rates are generally stable, but they occasionally cost more depending on festivals and seasons.
- Does our school provide transportation to/from the Dehradun airport, and what is cost?
- The cost of airport transfer from Dehardun airport to our school will be US$ 15
- How much time it takes to reach school from New Delhi airport ?
- From New Delhi airport to our school is tentative 235 Km and depending on highway traffic it takes in general six to seven hours drive time.
- How much time it takes to reach school from Dehradun airport ?
- From Dehardun airport to our school is tentative 45 Km and depending on city traffic it takes in general one hour drive time.
- Can I switch my course dates ?
- Upon receiving of booking amount you are intiltled to switch your course dates and is valid for one year.
- Switching of course is not applicable for scholaship program.
Accommodation & Food
We provide private as well as twin sharing room with attached bath. The Tuition fee includes accommodation with three vegetarian meals. If you are Vegan you need to inform us during your arrival and our kitchen will happy to serve you.
- Can I arrive a few nights early and can stay in your school ?
- Yes you can depend on availability! Price will be US$ 25 per day with all meals.
- Are the meals unlimited or portioned ?
- Our meals are unlimited and includes Tea
- Does our school is equipped with Internet Wi-Fi ?
- Yes we have internet Wi-Fi with enough bandwidth for video streaming and calls back home, although the internet/power providers are not stable and reliable some time and we have experienced a bad signal and won’t have internet for a few hours
- Can I share a room with a friend or partner who is not participating for TTC ?
- If there is condition you are coming for TTC and your friend or partner is coming along with you then we are fine with it if you want to share your room depending on availability and will be with additional cost
- Does our school offer laundry facilities ?
- Yes we have outsource laundry facility at additional cost.
- What should I pack ?
- Enough clothes for a week (or two) so that you don’t need to wash it and send it to laundry in a first week. You night clothes should have casual pajamas and tops which can also be comfortably worn while going for morning walks/nature walk or breakfast.
- Any regular pair of shoes for walking around mainly sports shoe /sandals and chappals if you want to do any sort of water-related activities on our Sunday outings with the rest of the school and staff.
- Standard toiletries, shower sandals and towel
- Electronics (laptop, tablets, ipad) don’t forget to take along the chargers or batteries of the electronic gadgets which are being carried and if they need specific plug to charge. Although most of them are available in Rishikesh local market
- A backpack (meant for backpacking and hiking and tracking). Although it’s not absolutely necessary if you want to save money, the ground in India isn’t always paved and smooth, so it’s not as friendly to luggage bags with wheels like western and European country
- A headlamp or flashlight and a small torch for an emergency .
- Any necessary medicine prescribed your doctor. Many people bring basic first-aid (bandaids, antibacterial cream, etc). We also recommend bringing diarrhea medicine in case you eat food outside accidentally drink unfiltered/tap water. All of our food and vegetables are washed and cooked with purified water, so you won’t have to worry about getting sick during your daily meals.
- Feminine hygiene products, if necessary. Please pack more sets of undergarments /socks as you may not be able to wash them regularly or get them washed while training Toiletries: Please keep all the basic items which you use as a matter of personal hygiene like – tooth paste, tooth brush, soap, shampoo, face wash, body lotion, shaving kit, deodorants, etc. And there are certain things which climate of area demands, like sunscreen lotions, or cold creams that should also be taken along accordingly Nail Cutter – In addition to cutting nails, the additional features of a nail cutter can be used for cutting fruits, opening seals or caps, etc. We have laundry facility and can be availed at nominal cost.
- Spectacles or contact lenses - if one wears glasses or lenses then an alternate set should be kept as backup
- Dress code?
- We don’t have any specific dress code in our school but you should choose yoga wear that hugs your body shape, and allows for easy movement and have a enough stretch for Ashanas Practice, Indian culture doesn’t encourage the exposed and revealing dress and you should chose dress that covers your knees and shoulders.
- How much money should I carry for my stay ?
- You should not carry extra money during your stay as we provide food and accommodation and apart from your daily schedule .We also recommend you to obtaining an ATM card that doesn’t charge / reimburses international fees. For international traveler the most convenient way is to carry ATM card which has transaction limit of about $100-150 USD per day. Please also check your bank for the transaction charge of every time you withdraw money outside from your country from ATM machine
- Should I carry my yoga mat ?
- We have plenty of mats for you to borrow and we will recommend you not to carry to avoid extra luggage.